• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge 1 Printhead same as Edge 2 Printhead?

MarkH42

After eliminating every other possible part, we are fairly convinced our Edge 2 printhead is shot. We have a fully functioning Edge 1, so I'm wondering if the printheads are the same on both? After a quick glance, they appear to be.........that would be great news.....

Jburns

Yes-I believe they are.

The Kyocera PN should be the same for the Edge LE, and Edge 2. If you have the FTP- Edge 1- first generation, it still may be the same.

Jburns

but before you do--- take a magnifying glass AND flashlight to the head- I did- and found a few tiny specks that needed a soak in 99% alcohol and gentle finger rub to remove. the alcohol I used is VEDCO- from a vet supply company

MarkH42

Interesting......the problem was intermittent, so I don't think it is something physically on the print head, but I will definitely take your advice and look very closely with a magnifying glass. Not sure what I'm looking for but I guess I'll know it when I see it. If that doesn't work, I'll take another step to confirm the part numbers on the printheads are the same. Thanks!

but before you do--- take a magnifying glass AND flashlight to the head- I did- and found a few tiny specks that needed a soak in 99% alcohol and gentle finger rub to remove. the alcohol I used is VEDCO- from a vet supply company

MarkH42

The Kyocera part number was exactly the same until the last 4 digits, which are in parentheses. I have to think that is just a production run number or something like that. We are going to give it a shot. A close inspection with a magnifying glass and flashlight didn't show anything unusual in the area with the problem.

Hielorojo

Hello there, yes the printhead is the same for both models ( gerber 1 and 2), the only difference is the Voltage Work. Look the label over the printhead, and check "Ohm value", if it is the same, no problem you are lucky man, if are different, you must change the voltage. Contact me if you have any problem, I could help you.
Best Regards.

MarkH42

I just sent you a PM. I am out of options and need to try this printhead swap. I appreciate your help!

Hello there, yes the printhead is the same for both models ( gerber 1 and 2), the only difference is the Voltage Work. Look the label over the printhead, and check "Ohm value", if it is the same, no problem you are lucky man, if are different, you must change the voltage. Contact me if you have any problem, I could help you.
Best Regards.