• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber edge question

signgirl

Something quirky is happening today as I'm trying to print with registration marks. when I go to print all the edge wants to do is print the registration marks with no image and if I let it go it wants to just keep printing cropmarks. I'm only printing one copy and it's one color which is spot black. Printing with flexi.
And have the print spot color box checked
it print the image when I did not have a contour cut or registration marks...I'm stumped!

signgirl

Btw I'm going to contour cut with a graphtec plotter and not my gsx. If I remember correctly if I choose the center registration mark to co tour cut on the tax it works fine. It's like it doesn't like any of the other registration choices

signgirl

Flexi. When I use the GSX registration center or lower right it works perfectly
It's just when I want to use the other registrations for the ARMS on the Graphtec 7000

Jburns

In the rip and print dialog box- search for contour options, and set accordingly. Then in the Production manager- there are more settings for the Crop marks - and color.

frustrating thing- there are like three or more areas- to set crop marks-- I used to cut using by graphtec, and found one style worked better ( type 2?) and they all have to be the same color- Process, Blackc etc. And the graphtec should be calibrated for the marks.

anyways- keep in mind print area is (smaller- wasted vinyl and foil) and if you are using just the center gerber mark, it may be skewed.

Do a search in the gerber forum- you should be able to see my tests, photos, results and settings.

signgirl

Thank you! I'll definitely look around. It will print the crop marks but not the spot color copy and my print spot colors is checked. I am only running one copy but it wants to continuously print crop marks only. I have to press reset or it would do the whole roll of vinyl.

im running flexi 7.6 and have only ever found anything about crop marks in production manager.