• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber FX Print Issue

idsignsil

I print this file using other colors and don't have an issue. Now that I switched over to use the gold medal foil it isn't printing correctly. It's not printing full coverage of the image on the first 3 rows but the bottom is almost printing correctly. Does anyone have a suggestion? photo is attached
Gerber foil issue.jpg

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
do you have the latest material update and fire file ver. loaded ? I started making a 1 inch x 11.8 box at the beginning of jobs so the printhead is warmed up and I can see issues prior to wasting materials . seems to work at least for me - you could also try to print on other materials and see if you get the same results ( unfortunately Gerber likes Gerber at times )

Joe House

Those metallic foils have a powder on the back. Make sure you clean the printhead with the cleaning cards between every job when using shiny gold or silver. Also firing file is a good idea as well.

Good Luck

Adam.Foster

Try printing on Gerber material and see if anything changes. I would also recommend that you clean the print head with the Gerber thermal cleaning cards before and after printing with Metalic gold. How old is the Gold foil? have you tried a new gold foil?