• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber HS15plus slow key

Jase

Just switched my HS15plus on today and for some reason whne I press the slow key the arrows don't seem to move the tool head, it has stopped working. It works fine if I knock the slow key off. I have a GS15 doing the same thing for no apparent reason. Does anyone have a fix or solution? Thanks
Jason

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Just switched my HS15plus on today and for some reason whne I press the slow key the arrows don't seem to move the tool head, it has stopped working. It works fine if I knock the slow key off. I have a GS15 doing the same thing for no apparent reason. Does anyone have a fix or solution? Thanks
Jason
Probably needs a new keypad.

JB

Jase

Just had some time to look at this more closely and it seems there is some tiny movement being transferred to the x and y axis in slow mode, really odd. I'm going to try swapping it out with a keyboard from a different model just to test it so I'm hoping a HS15 keyboard might work, it looks like the swivel knife option is on a separate ribbon.

tedshock

Dumb thought but....do you know what the slow key is used for? (Not trying to be rude, just honestly asking). When the slow key is selected it is supposed to move the X and Y axis very very slowly, to allow precise registration on the bullseye (typically for Gerber Edge target registration). Not sure if you knew this already or not (if so my apologies).

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Dumb thought but....do you know what the slow key is used for? (Not trying to be rude, just honestly asking). When the slow key is selected it is supposed to move the X and Y axis very very slowly, to allow precise registration on the bullseye (typically for Gerber Edge target registration). Not sure if you knew this already or not (if so my apologies).
It's also handy for loading material as well.

JB

Jase

Not at all, no offence and a good point. I have a number of these machines and this is not right. May just break for parts as I can't seem to solve it, going to try swapping out the keypad.