• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber/MCT Cutter Q&A

mjlimager

We just purchased Gerber's MCT Cutter with router and variety of knife cutting tools. We're new to CNC and looking for any assistance out there, especially those familiar with MCT, TigerVision and Onyx Thrive 19 software. I don't have any specific questions at the moment, but interested in growing a forum. Please shout out if interested, thank you!

tonyconner20

Production Manager
Hey, I have an MCT VersaTECH2 3.2m x 1.6m. No laser. Lots of tools to choose from though. We mostly run the tangential knife and router. Electric knife for cardboard and thick paper products like Xanita board. Some things are great, others are lacking but overall it's a steady work horse. We've had it just over a year now and bought it from MCT before they were acquired by Gerber. I"ve had to tighten down both the X and Y drives because the router cuts get sloppy if there is any play in the gear and it already doesn't create smooth curved vectors.

mjlimager

Thanks for the feedback Tony! We're just getting our feet wet and realizing there's a huge learning curve. We have a tech stopping out soon as I suspect it's slightly out of square.