• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber printing problem. Help please

yamaha581

I had posted about this a couple weeks ago and thought we had it figured out but it is back to not working. We had a tech come in and he seemed like he had no idea what to do and really did not care to look into fixing it for us.

I posted a video so you can see what it is doing and hear the noise. It only does it on the way back when it is done printing and coming back to load another color. Has anyone had this problem or know what it could be?

I know before they were sayinga bout the cable and software but I really do not see how that could be it when it is only doing it on the way back so it would seem like it is something with the actual printer.

We are using flexi though and have they Dynex parallel to USB cable that was recommended to work best online.

[video=youtube;SzvBwtoupOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzvBwtoupOU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

myront

CorelDRAW is best
open the top and check the belt in the front left corner. It has teeth on it. Make sure all the teeth are there. That or a motor issue. Also the teeth that fit in the slots of the vinyl tend to get caked up and you have to clean em up from time to time or the vinyl will get jammed up.

Just throwing some suggestions out there.

jfiscus

Rap Master
It looks like the motor is getting overloaded when rewinding at high speed. (Unless when you check the vinyl itself is damaged?) but it sounds like mechanical failure within the machine to me. First step is to take the whole case off the printer and blow out everywhere you can, while it's apart un-plug and re-plug every connection you can. Put it back together and see if that fixes it; these machines are getting old and the amount of dust over the years can really build up and cause "mystery issues".

Jburns

Yes- I think its the vinyl drive motor, or something catching or rubbing. You can probably pull the side panels and inspect the drive drum.

yamaha581

We appreciate the replies from everyone, we had it apart multiple times and checked everything and could not find anything wrong. We just took it apart again and the wire that goes to the fan that gets screwed in somehow came loose and was not connect. We tightened that up and it is back to working perfect now.

yamaha581

Well we thought we had it fixed but it is looking like we do not.

Is it possible that this is a problem with the cable? We are using a parallel to USB cable that was recommended that we got from Best Buy. I believe it was the Belkin. We had someone say that we needed the one that Gerber makes but I was reading it only works with Omega 4.0 and we are using Flexi so I am not sure if that would work or if it is even the cable at all.