• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good vs Bad Production Design

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Client states the wrap is already designed, and only needs help with the hood graphics lining up. Asked if I was "good at Photoshop?" Here are some before and afters.

HFA - Front Before After.jpg

HFA - Top Before After.jpg

HFA - Paint Drips Fixed Before After.jpg

HFA - Paint Before After.jpg

Zip File Organization.jpg
Most of us here are skeptical when it comes to graphic designers who say they can provide 'print-ready files', and rightfully so.

These before and afters were provided to the client during my process. I also let them know any 'secrets' of how I fixed their designs, so they can provide better files in the future. This is the real value I provide for owners, managers and their production employees.

3 days later and $250 out the door with labeled install proofs, paneled CMYK PDF Print Files with all bleeds and overlaps, and updated source files. $125 for Print prep files, $125 for updated source files. I did not design any of this layout or artwork, but if I did, it would be an extra $125 for something similar. My same day rush fee? You got it, another $125.

Testimonial from this job:

"He is magical!!! He helped me with a project and went above and beyond. He communicates very well and kept me in the loop on each step. He was on time and within budget. I could not ask for anything better. He will be my first call when I get a project like this again." - Mary

www.zacdesigns.com

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Here is an example of my install proofs provided with every job. Not only useful to the installer, but also for re-prints. All of my print files are seperated by panel, labeled with project name, Side, and numbered to be easily found in RIP software, without wasting time re-ripping or searching.

Attachments

• HFA - Install Proof - Passenger Example.jpg
    HFA - Install Proof - Passenger Example.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 189