• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Google Maps - Search "Sign Company" Results = Starbucks.

peavey123

Today I had a customer call me. I asked her how she heard about us. She says she googled us. Right on, That's the answer I was looking for. Then she tells me that when she googled "sign company" every Starbucks pops-up along with the sign shops. So I try it here and yup she was right. What is this!?!?!

Try it. Does starbucks pop-up for you too? This isn't cool man! I thought this went directly against googles SEO rules?...

peavey123

Here's my proof. lol Starbucks Canada must be in bed with Google.

Attachments

• starbucks.jpg
    starbucks.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 214

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here's my proof. lol Starbucks Canada must be in bed with Google.

My local map shows only sign companies. I would guess that Starbucks is paying to be shown on your local Google maps. Try a different business type and see if they're still shown.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
starbucks

i called it shrapnel advertising.
i google "auto palace" for parts
i get "autopalace" and dealerships.
see?

i think it is a smart idea, since, they want you to buy their coffee. they are gonna make you think about on the map!

-mosher

graphicwarning

Ironically enough, if you search for "Donut" or "Doughnut" in the area... which you'd think Starbucks would pop up for example... no Starbucks. I tried random business types... and even tried related searches such as print, design and the like, no Starbucks. I tried just "Sign" and no Starbucks results... but typing "Company" results in Starbucks appearing. I believe their legal name is "Starbucks Coffee Company" isn't it?

Maybe thats why?

Still funny to see!