• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradation in Coreldraw

LUV DEM TIGERS

I am trying to take an object and make a gradation that starts as one color in the center of the object and gets darker closer to the edge. It is actually a font with the letter S and also a 3. I know how to do one left to right, top to bottom and a centerpoint out but I can't do it like the attached.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to do it. I am not a super advanced graphic artist but this seems like it should be easy.

Attachments

• S3 Logo Idea 2.jpg
    S3 Logo Idea 2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 213

studebaker

Deluded Artist
To expound on Asuma01 answer.... Link to YouTube video explaining how do it with contour. But your sample was made with "inner edge" shadow function of CorelDraw 2020 and newer depicted in the attached screeenshot.

PS, I am a Clemson Tiger fan too!

Attachments

• Edge.jpg
    Edge.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I can add yet another way.
duplicate the text remove the fill and add a thick black outline. Convert it to a transparent bitmap then add a Gaussian Blur adjusted as needed. Use the transparency tool to adjust the opacity. Powerclip that into the original text.
1626096694036.png