• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradient banding

tmac

I Have been trying to print a design that was sent to me as an illustrator 10 file,I am using flexi8 to print on a versacamm and for some reason a small section of the design where there is a gradient is banding when printing.I have adjusted the gradient setting to fine but still banding.Does anyone have any ideas,thanks in advance-Tmac

BobbyFosson

Is this only in a portion of the gradient or all of it?

Flexi has an option in the RIP/Print for Smooth Gradients... Might try that.

Also check the EDIT>COLOR SETTINGS... Gradients should be set to Relative Colorimetric

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Is this only in a portion of the gradient or all of it?

Flexi has an option in the RIP/Print for Smooth Gradients... Might try that.

Also check the EDIT>COLOR SETTINGS... Gradients should be set to Relative Colorimetric

No. Set the rendering intents to 'Spot Color' for gradients. If you use any other setting you can get some rather creative interpretations of white should your gradient pass through or even close to white.

Use the Smooth Blends drop down on the printer setup's Color Management tab to select 'Enhanced' or 'Super'. Don't use 'Normal' unless you really don't care what you get for a print.