• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphics Question

GhostPrinting

Still trying to get a work flow for complicated images/graphics customers are wanting. Just received this from a customer for a trailer decal order and I am having trouble getting this thing cleaned up. Any advice on your workflow for tough imagies would be greatly appreciated. Again.. no need to bash we all have our strengths and weaknesses just looking for advice. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240404_191413_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20240404_191413_Messenger.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 184

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Not sure what you mean by cleaned up... Can you be more specific what you need to do to produce this?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
what Victor said. Ideally, I would recreate it to make it look better. Replace the animals, with better images so you don't have a donkey with it's body chopped off, and place the animals so they aren't levitating.

Aunt LuLu

Aunt LuLu
Good Morning, Agriculture is my background and very proud of it. If you do not like the graphics supplied by the owner, get yourself out to the farm and take your own. You know what you are looking for, don't leave it for someone else to do. If I needed to do that for my customer, you bet I would, in a heart beat. Trust me, the owner will understand how detailed you are and want to give the customer/owner something with their animals.

Laura aka - Aunt LuLu.

Basically their file is thumbnail crap. It only passes as an icon for a smart phone, It means either their original artist was told to make a web logo and it was made small to begin with or the client was too unknowlegeable to ask for the highest res version of it in case they need it in the future. At this point, if the original art is non existent, you need to recreate the logo. I do this all the time in logos that are made from shapes and fonts. However, I just turned down a job like this one because the entire logo was organic non-geometric curves with unending color gradations. I just wouldn't want to do it. You would never get it the same and there is no way to know the original colors from a thumbnail. Your problem here is that this logo is based on a photo. Unless someone has the original photo that was used, there is no way to recreate it from what you have because you cant even really see the photo to begin with. It's just a fuzzy/bit-mapped to death blur. You can press the client to find the original photo and then you can do it easily. But you cannot re-make what you cannot even see. So, alternative is, have them select a new photo to use online, some suggested shutter stock, or take a shot themselves with a decent camera.

signbrad

New artwork is usually better than trying to clean up poor artwork.

An image off Shutterstock could help with creating acceptable sign work, but I always explain to a client that a logo design cannot incorporate images from image-licensing services. “Royalty-free” makes no difference. All images on Shutterstock are protected by copyright.

Most end user agreements at image-licensing services, including Shutterstock’s, forbid the use of their photos or artwork as part of a logo design or branding scheme.
Of course, the lettering only can be claimed as a protected logo, a trademark, assuming it identifies goods or services. But an image from Shutterstock cannot normally be claimed, or protected, as a logo design, or as part of a logo design. Most image-licensing services have this policy. Hence, when you obtain an image from Shutterstock you are not actually buying the image, but just licensing it for limited uses. Using the image as part of a logo design is rarely one of the permitted uses.

Last edited:

pro-up

Freepik is another good stock photo site and much cheaper than Shutterstock. https://www.pexels.com/ is another site - I don't always find what I'm looking for, but they have some good stock photos. Creative Fabrica is good for fonts, backgrounds, and textures and is more affordable than Shutterstock too. Good luck!

New artwork is usually better than trying to clean up poor artwork.

An image off Shutterstock could help with creating acceptable sign work, but I always explain to a client that a logo design cannot incorporate images from image-licensing services. “Royalty-free” makes no difference. All images on Shutterstock are protected by copyright.

Most end user agreements at image-licensing services, including Shutterstock’s, forbid the use of their photos or artwork as part of a logo design or branding scheme.
Of course, the lettering only can be claimed as a protected logo, a trademark, assuming it identifies goods or services. But an image from Shutterstock cannot normally be claimed, or protected, as a logo design, or as part of a logo design. Most image-licensing services have this policy. Hence, when you obtain an image from Shutterstock you are not actually buying the image, but just licensing it for limited uses. Using the image as part of a logo design is rarely one of the permitted uses.
I didn't know that. but it never came up for me. I only had clients buy shutterstock or others images for use in a greeting card or a brochure. - Ron