• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphix Advantage 6.0 File Conversion

rukh03

We use CorelDraw at my work here, but (before I was here) we used to use Graphix Advantage, and every so often I need old artwork files from it. It is an extremely buggy program, especially since it's crowbarred onto Windows XP. And now it looks like it might be down for good. :banghead:
So my question is this:

Is there any software, patches, macros, shareware, etc. that will alow me to convert the old .plt files into something Corel can recognize?
Thank you

-Ben (rukh03)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
GA 6.0 was a long time ago but it has a file converter that is capable of batch conversions. I recall an old thread here that we discussed it with screen shots ... so you might want to search for it.

The batch converter can process the files directly into EPS 3.0 files which Corel will then be able to open. You should expect to still have some issues with uncombined centers once you get them into Corel.

rukh03

Thank you, you have given me hope. :)
Sadly, it is the file converter/import/export that I can't get to work. I'll keep mesing with it, and see if I can't get it back up and running.
And then I think It's high time converted everything and retired that poor program.

Balefire

We use CorelDraw at my work here, but (before I was here) we used to use Graphix Advantage, and every so often I need old artwork files from it. It is an extremely buggy program, especially since it's crowbarred onto Windows XP. And now it looks like it might be down for good. :banghead:
So my question is this:

Is there any software, patches, macros, shareware, etc. that will alow me to convert the old .plt files into something Corel can recognize?
Thank you

-Ben (rukh03)
Hi, i had a similar problem. Thieves cleaned us out, took our dongles with the pc's :(

Eventually i went here and downloaded version 7 https://www.gerberscientific.net/gsp/eservice/SoftwareDownloads/SoftwareLibrary.aspx?stid=1&sfid=12
Since you won't have a dongle, demo mode is 100%
Right click the desktop icon for composer 7.0, properties, open file location, then scroll down till you see the fileconverter.exe (looks like a red apple. From there you must be sure to select .ai as the output, you can even select multiple files at once and it will process all of them.

Hope this helps?