• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphtc cutter wont countour cut, keep getting "mark scan error E024024

0igo

please help, get an error that says, mark scan error not set high enough, e024024* everytime i try contour cutting

MMLLC

Try Reversing the print 180 degrees in the cutter.
So take the print out, rotate it 180, the back is now the front and vice versa.

TDFcustomSL

I fight this error almost every time I go to contour cut something. What I have found to work for me sometimes is to turn off all the lights in the room. Yes, its a pain but hey it works.....sometimes. Another thing, if the prints are laminated, try cutting the laminate from around the registration marks, apply transfer tape over the marks and then re draw with a felt tip marker or fine tip sharpie. Also, sometimes scotch tape works but be careful that the sensor reads the mark and not the edge of the tape. Last, go into your ARMS settings and see what your mark scan levels are set at. Ive had to turn mine x, and y, up to 90. I don't know what the real issue is but its very very frustrating and I haven't been able to get any answers on how to fix it. Ive done the tests with using the pen tool and drawing the lines out and making sure everything is aligned but my contour cuts are still off most of the time. Wondering If its a firmware issue but haven't been able to get confirmation on that either. Good luck!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Isn't there an ARMS calibration test you can run on a graphtec?
I think when I had this problem that is what fixed it for me.

Dennis422

Make sure your firmware is up to date. It would help if you tell us a bit more, like which Graphtec model.
Also, it would help if you do a hard reset on the cutter. If you are using CM3, you will lose all the presets. Make sure you save all the settings before resetting (I did screen grabs before reset).

Could be a number of things. When I get this error it is because of a issue with the plotter. So Hard reset. Off/ Turn on and Hold up and enter. Check language, Then go back and reset, After it resets change the language back to what you had it at. You should be good to go. If it is a sensor error. Like your trying to read a mark on a darker media or something like that. You will have to go into the settings and change sensitivity. There are some models that you can test to read the mark. But not knowing the model of plotter means I don't know.

thabeger

I wanted to chuck my CE6000-60 in the middle of the street before I solved this.

1) Make sure it has the newest firmware.
2) Goto Graphtec website and adjust the arms sensor values for cutting with laminate.
3) Graphtecs are SUPER, say again SUPER finicky about media alignment. Its it's not completely straight you will get this error. So what I do is load media, and when I think its straight I swing the tool head to both bottom registration marks and they need to be in the same place as the first one. Basically I use the tool head as a guide to make sure the media is completely straight.

What I will say is I will not buy another Graphtec. Support is non-existent. I even called sales and told them I wanted to buy a new cutter and the rep never got back to me!

rrd

I have an old GCC cutter that runs circles around this Graphtec. In order to use the arms sensor you have to waste a ton of material by giving it huge side margins. Faster to run the bombsite with the lazer and 9 times out 10 it's more accurate. Sad for a company that charges upwards of 5k for these things.

RoyalCask

I have an old GCC cutter that runs circles around this Graphtec. In order to use the arms sensor you have to waste a ton of material by giving it huge side margins. Faster to run the bombsite with the lazer and 9 times out 10 it's more accurate. Sad for a company that charges upwards of 5k for these things.

I know this is old - what software do you use when doing bombsight registration with an FC8000?

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
Problem in Cut/Plot with cutting Marks in 75% based on extra bleed space around cutting marks.
To prevent it use the marks which lines (branches) direct out from cut picture. This type of marks will take more space however you will never forget about extra Inch for rollers.
In case you already have very small white bleed and marks placed as internal corners you always can stick the line of material at edges or put rollers at almost edge (in case it is small job).