• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE5000-60 stepping cuts

Jez Day

Hi, we have an issue with our CE5000 not cutting accurately. It puts a step into seemingly everything. (see attached photo). Oddly this only seems to be in one of the 2 materials we use (sandblast tapes). Any ideas please?
CIMG2817.JPG

Joe House

If you're hearing it actually step, then the problem is likely in the artwork. Open the artwork in a vector design software and show the nodes. If your lines are covered in nodes, it's the artwork, not the plotter.
Also, the CE 5000 is an old entry level plotter. If you're cutting heavy sandblast stencil, it won't hold up to that kind of use for long. Check the carriage and see if it wiggles on the rail. The spring bracket that holds the bearings tight may have gotten bent. It can be bent back into a slight crown that will force the bearings down further.

Good Luck

Jez Day

If you're hearing it actually step, then the problem is likely in the artwork. Open the artwork in a vector design software and show the nodes. If your lines are covered in nodes, it's the artwork, not the plotter.
Also, the CE 5000 is an old entry level plotter. If you're cutting heavy sandblast stencil, it won't hold up to that kind of use for long. Check the carriage and see if it wiggles on the rail. The spring bracket that holds the bearings tight may have gotten bent. It can be bent back into a slight crown that will force the bearings down further.

Good Luck
Hi Joe, it's definitely not the artwork as has happened on other cuts as well. I will check the other things you mention but seems to be mainly on one type of material and not the other (we only use 2) so I am wondering if the really hot weather in the UK last week was in play.