• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE5000-60 stuck on start up screen

binki

It is stuck on 60 V6.40HL >>>> on start up.

Any thoughts on how to clear this? I already did a reset. Graphtec is closed until Monday.

binki

If I unplug it it will go to either Load Media!! or Roll 1 Press Enter. Pressing enter or loading media does nothing though.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Odd - if it does it again maybe time to take the covers off and blow the dust off the circuit boards and reseat all the connectors - and memory chips (if they are removable).

If that doesn't work try the Stanley Calibration Tool.
stanley.jpg

binki

Thanks, it is acting up again today. I will see if I can clean it. I also left a message for the mfg, we will see if they contact me back. There is some show they may be at this week.

binki

I am giving up on this thing. Two different 'official' support vendors have not returned my calls. Main board is $600 or more, replacement Graphtec is $1800. I will probably go with a Roland for a few hundred more. Any other suggestions for a 24" cutter?

binki

It's for sale, I tried to post on classified but it says I can't post there, not sure why if anyone can help me out with that part.

joseph abu

It is stuck on 60 V6.40HL >>>> on start up.

Any thoughts on how to clear this? I already did a reset. Graphtec is closed until Monday.

Hello, any chance you solved this problem. I use a Graphtec ce5000-60 as well. mine is stuck on 60 V3.40GL >>>>
HELPPPP

joseph abu

I unplugged it, let it sit for a while, started back up and it stuck on the condition screen. I let it sit and it came back to life. I had to reset the command as described here: https://signs101.com/threads/graphtec-ce5000-hp-gl-1-error.48090/ but it works now. Go Figure.

Hello, I tried to reset my machine (ce5000-60) by holding the up arrow before turning it on, its stuck sometime on HL iNCH other time on HL Meter or something like that

CA Creative Group

1 man shop
I've had this same issue on both my previous Roland and Vinyl Express cutters where it gets stuck on boot and that was usually a sign the main boards we going out. Depending on how long its been happening power cycling will fix it, but eventually it won't go past boot. Both mine died within a few weeks of each other maybe a a month after they started showing bootup issues.

I went with a Summa D60R over a Graphtec CE6000-60 reasoning being is the fact I see so many graphtec replacements main boards on ebay that it concerned me about their long term reliability. Summa I barely see any replacement parts except for consumables and I know folks who've had their Summa's from the early 2000's still running till this day. Only regret is I wish I went with the D70 as I've been having more prints that are just at the 24" mark and the extra few inches would save me from having to much waste when I can't get the images to fit side by side.

newparade

How old we
I've had this same issue on both my previous Roland and Vinyl Express cutters where it gets stuck on boot and that was usually a sign the main boards we going out. Depending on how long its been happening power cycling will fix it, but eventually it won't go past boot. Both mine died within a few weeks of each other maybe a a month after they started showing bootup issues.

I went with a Summa D60R over a Graphtec CE6000-60 reasoning being is the fact I see so many graphtec replacements main boards on ebay that it concerned me about their long term reliability. Summa I barely see any replacement parts except for consumables and I know folks who've had their Summa's from the early 2000's still running till this day. Only regret is I wish I went with the D70 as I've been having more prints that are just at the 24" mark and the extra few inches would save me from having to much waste when I can't get the images to fit side by side.
How old were your machines when they started the problem?

CA Creative Group

1 man shop
How old we

How old were your machines when they started the problem?
Both my express and roland were well around 8 - 10 years old, but they were run in temp controlled environment with minimal dust. Life of the machines depends a lot on environment they're used in. Constant hot and cold cycles are bad on the mainboard. I did have to reflow the solder joints on the vinyl Express once to fix an intermittent no power issues a few years back and it ran fine for 4 years after that.

I was originally going to get a ce6000-60 but seeing so many mainboards for sale on ebay concerned me vs summa which you don't see very many. I am thinking about getting it now and getting rid of my uscutter and just run a summa and graphtec. The graphtec would.be used more for cutting popout decals which it does better than the summa with the dual blade positions.