• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Craft Robo Pro (CE5000)

coyote

Hello out there: I have worked with sprocket plotters in the past-(I have an ancient Gerber 4B and have used Omega etc.) I'm tearing my hair trying to figure out how to get this new plotter to start at a particular origin point. The instructions are (for me) impossible to figure out, and my Flexi training book doesn't say much about Cut except to, well, cut. In the good old days, the plotter just ran-it always knew what was in there...is there a way to set up the Graphtec to ALWAYS start at one point and expect that I'll have a 15" roll of material in there?

I have tried panel option, have tried setting the media length and width...it spools out a bunch of material, and cuts at will. Is there a "Plotting and Cutting for Dummies" out there? Should I use the plot/cut function that comes with Flexi or should I use the cut software that comes with the plotter?

Very frustrating.....
Carol Coyote

Bogie

Does the thing have a button on it that says "Origin?"

Also, buried on the CD that came with the thing are a few manuals. My major grip with my CE5K-120 is that it didn't come with printed manual or setup stuff - I didn't find that until AFTER I had it put together.

coyote

Thanks for the advice-Happy Thanksgiving and all that good stuff. Back to work for me and have tried to figure out this plotter problem. I've reset the origin, have set the position to 0.00, 0.00-the plotter advances the material about 6' or so, then goes to its own origin point-usually, by that time, I shut it down so I don't waste material. I don't know if this is a problem with Flexi or Graphtec. - I printed out the manual (I'm old, and always print the manuals so I can look at them)

I have jobs that have to go out on Monday, so of course I'm losing my mind. I'll go to a friend's shop and cut on HIS Graphtec plotter which works properly-If i can see it, and have someone show me visually what's going on, maybe I can figure it out. He runs Gerber Omega, so I don't know if the plot interface is different.

very frustrating-I want to play with my new Flexi software and have some fun,not spend all my time tearing my hair out over the plotter-(which was supposed to simplify my life)grrrrr....

I'll try using the Graphtec interface next (instead of Flexi) though I have a very old version of Corel and only have Photoshop Elements -I suppose I'll have to convert my files since Graphtec only accepts those-I miss being a sign "painter"-always knew where my origin point was after a few cups of coffee.
Ccoyote

signage

Check in Flexi and see were it has its origin set. Also make sure the language of the software matched the plotters (Graphtecs are usually set from factory to GPGL and Flexi to HPGL) you want to either set them both to HPGL or GPGL! Also if you go to Graphtecs site or CD and load the windows driver you should be able to cut directly form corel using the Graphtec as the default printer in windows.

Jackpine

Load the vinyl and let it read the width, then use the arrow keys to move the blade to the point you want and then press "origin".

coyote

Tried it: (thanks for your replies). I've set to HPGL, reset the origin-When I try to set the material size to "User defined" it won't let me put in a value more than 8.5" wide----This is making me crazy. Time for a break, then I'll try working from my corel and the Graphtec interface and see what happens.

I know it's a poor workman who blames his tools, but I can't help thinking "Stoopid computer!!!" (the default comment from my sign shop colleagues years ago),
Carol @ coyote

I just found this gem from Sign Warehouse:Graphtec & Q-Series Cutters:

Graphtec & Q-Series Cutters: Q & A Forum

Why is my Vinyl shooting out the front of the cutter? Make sure that when you lowered the pinch rollers onto the vinyl, that you chose Roll 1 or Roll 2 REAR SET rather than FRONT set since normally your media rollers are mounted on the rear of the cutter’s stand.

Unfortunately, I am not given the choice of rear set or front set -where is that?

Last edited:

high impact

The FC series has that option but I don't think the CE series has that option...if I remember correctly.

Does it run the entire roll off or roll 6', stop and then start cutting?

coyote

Throwing in the towel, for now

Hi All: thanks for all the advice, but I admit defeat. In "page length" there is a measurement of 78", so I thought that was it, but now I just get an error message. So, I changed that and now when i hit cut, the plotter hums and nothing happens. So, I give up and will go look at a plotter in person. If I can't figure this out, I may just sell it and get something else. I've wasted the whole weekend on this---

In the manual that comes with Flexi they mention another manual for Production Manager...is that on the CD or am I missing something? I feel like a moron.

again, thanks for your help. Carol

Rodi

Have you read page 21 on ROBOProSE.pdf? It has complete instructions on loading roll media, I think you are loading sheet presently.

coyote

WAHOO! I figgered it out all by my own self! (with thanks to all, again!) I removed the software and reloaded it and chose a different interface for the plotter-not Craft Robo, but Graphtec 5000-made a huge difference! Everything works now so I can happily stay up all night getting the stuff I was supposed to do on Friday done for Monday. the plotter is great-I set it on slow so it wouldn't go off track, but even slow it's like a rocket compared to my trusty old 4b.

I have some 3M reflective to cut-that'll be the real test if it can gnaw its way through that.

I'm soooooooo relieved that this is finally working, and excited to be back in business.

This is a great forum-wonderful to have feedback and read all the suggestions and issues brought forward. I'm learning a lot and hopefully will be able to lend some insight into the stuff I DO know about at some point.

Carol

Jackpine

WAHOO! I figgered it out all by my own self! (with thanks to all, again!) I removed the software and reloaded it and chose a different interface for the plotter-not Craft Robo, but Graphtec 5000-made a huge difference! Everything works now so I can happily stay up all night getting the stuff I was supposed to do on Friday done for Monday. the plotter is great-I set it on slow so it wouldn't go off track, but even slow it's like a rocket compared to my trusty old 4b.

I have some 3M reflective to cut-that'll be the real test if it can gnaw its way through that.

I'm soooooooo relieved that this is finally working, and excited to be back in business.

This is a great forum-wonderful to have feedback and read all the suggestions and issues brought forward. I'm learning a lot and hopefully will be able to lend some insight into the stuff I DO know about at some point.

Carol
That is because the CE5000 and the Craft Robo are two different cutters. You had the wrong driver loaded. Glad for you it is working.