• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec FC-9000 not finishing cuts on print/cut

Gforce1

We just got an Epson S80600 and Graphtech FC9000. Both fantastic machines on their own but getting them to work together has been a chore and we are getting no help from the company we purchased from. When trying to cut a print job (if standing facing the FC9000) it will not finish the cuts on anything to the right of the right hand crop marks. Since it prints the crop marks 2" in from the edge that leaves cut a bit uncut. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this issue and I would be grateful for any help or advice on how to resolve this. I've tried both eps and pdf files through Onyx with no change in results.

victor bogdanov

Are your pinch wheels set wide enough? When you have the machine scan the width of the material is this size bigger that the design that needs to be cut?

victor bogdanov

Really? Like graphics that spill out of the reg marks? That's pretty cool (and seriously its about time!), my fc8600 will not do this.
Perhaps they've got the right side reg mark at the limit of the right hand side, can the whole roll be shifted left?
Here is how I typically set up my files.

Capture.JPG

victor bogdanov

Really? Like graphics that spill out of the reg marks? That's pretty cool (and seriously its about time!), my fc8600 will not do this.
Perhaps they've got the right side reg mark at the limit of the right hand side, can the whole roll be shifted left?
I just checked files I used to cut on my fc8600 and they are set up that way too, cutting beyond the registration marks. The files I set up for the fc8600 were set up with the new graphtec barcode system but instead of scanning the barcodes I would send it from the computer

Gforce1

Are your pinch wheels set wide enough? When you have the machine scan the width of the material is this size bigger that the design that needs to be cut?

Hi Victor,

Yes the pinch rollers are always outside of the cutting area. I even tried a print last night with way more space than needed on the image attached and it still did not cut anything to the right of the crop mark.

Attachments

• PXL_20220303_151807117.jpg
    PXL_20220303_151807117.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 120

Blacklabelwrap

We just got an Epson S80600 and Graphtech FC9000. Both fantastic machines on their own but getting them to work together has been a chore and we are getting no help from the company we purchased from. When trying to cut a print job (if standing facing the FC9000) it will not finish the cuts on anything to the right of the right hand crop marks. Since it prints the crop marks 2" in from the edge that leaves cut a bit uncut. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this issue and I would be grateful for any help or advice on how to resolve this. I've tried both eps and pdf files through Onyx with no change in results.
I am having the same issue, did you ever get this figured out?

Gforce1

I am having the same issue, did you ever get this figured out?

I did actually, apparently it was just driver issues the whole time as they're not setup properly. We ended up removing the FC9000 as the cutter out of Onyx and reinstalling the plotter as an FC8600. It completely changed everything. The crop marks are different, they are printed on the outside corners of the print now instead of inset like in my picture above and everything cuts perfect.

Blacklabelwrap

I did actually, apparently it was just driver issues the whole time as they're not setup properly. We ended up removing the FC9000 as the cutter out of Onyx and reinstalling the plotter as an FC8600. It completely changed everything. The crop marks are different, they are printed on the outside corners of the print now instead of inset like in my picture above and everything cuts perfect.
Awesome! Thank you! I will give it a try