• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec fc900 blade hitting perf channel

Amber Murray

Help? Please :) I don't know what is going on, but my graphtec is not clanking (hitting the channel) when doing perf cuts. What do I do?
Thanks so much!!
Amber

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
The only things I can remember offhand (been a few years since I used a Graphtec) are: Make sure the screw that holds the blade in place is tight; Do that after you make sure the blade is in good shape.

Joe House

I'm not exactly sure I understand the question, but there are 2 positions that the knife holder can fit in on the tool carraige. If you want to perf cut over the channel instead of the cut strip, make sure that your blade holder is installed in the front position (this takes quite a bit of unscrewing of the thumbscrew that holds the blade holder in). If you want to cut on the cutting strip, then the blade holder should be in the back position. I hope this helps.

Good Luck