• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Weird problem

Zambookajoe

I accidently busted the lcd screen on my Ce2000 this spring and ordered a new one in june and finally got it today.

It doesnt fit the same perfectly but it fits with the different bravkets supplied.. Anyways I install it and it works BUT...

All lines of text are pushed to the right and
90 % of the functions are fine except a few where they are so long that they are cut short most importantly when I scan for media width.

Is there a way I can adjust this or is it the wrong lcd screen. Waited so long for it.

I hope its fixable

Freebass

I accidently busted the lcd screen on my Ce2000 this spring and ordered a new one in june and finally got it today.

It doesnt fit the same perfectly but it fits with the different bravkets supplied.. Anyways I install it and it works BUT...

All lines of text are pushed to the right and
90 % of the functions are fine except a few where they are so long that they are cut short most importantly when I scan for media width.

Is there a way I can adjust this or is it the wrong lcd screen. Waited so long for it.

I hope its fixable
Hi where did you order your new screen from I can’t seem to get one from anywhere thanks in advance

netsol

someone subbed the part you ordered for the same SIZE lcd for one with a different RESOLUTION
part number may be the same with a different suffix (letters or whatever, after the final dash

request a refund/exchange.
the only thing you can try AND I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IT, is removing backup battery from the system board, if it has one, and allowing the board to redetect the lcd display. OR see if there is a "reset to out of box" option (a jumper or dip switch to change)

EITHER WAY you will lose any other settings and have to redo them.

did you try an ebay search for your board?
what i normally do is search for graphtec board, choose a couple sellers with a few boards listed and choose contact seller, ask seller a question and ask if they have access to one of these (post a picture of the board)
BE SURE to make your request asking them to list as an ebay item, or you can be BANNED FOR LIFE for trying to circumvent the ebay system and buy around it. this may sound like a lot of trouble, but, we do it all the time, OFTEN LEADING TO SUCCESS, quicker and cheaper than ordering through the manufacturer

Freebass

someone subbed the part you ordered for the same SIZE lcd for one with a different RESOLUTION
part number may be the same with a different suffix (letters or whatever, after the final dash

request a refund/exchange.
the only thing you can try AND I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IT, is removing backup battery from the system board, if it has one, and allowing the board to redetect the lcd display. OR see if there is a "reset to out of box" option (a jumper or dip switch to change)

EITHER WAY you will lose any other settings and have to redo them.

did you try an ebay search for your board?
what i normally do is search for graphtec board, choose a couple sellers with a few boards listed and choose contact seller, ask seller a question and ask if they have access to one of these (post a picture of the board)
BE SURE to make your request asking them to list as an ebay item, or you can be BANNED FOR LIFE for trying to circumvent the ebay system and buy around it. this may sound like a lot of trouble, but, we do it all the time, OFTEN LEADING TO SUCCESS, quicker and cheaper than ordering through the manufacturer
Hi thanks for coming back to me with the information unfortunately I’ve searched eBay asked a few sellers and the internet and also tried Graphtec directly and the LCD screen for the CE1000 and 2000 hasn’t been available for many years now they basically told me my Graphtec cutter is game over and ready for the bin as I won’t be able to get a replacement screen unless it’s second hand out of another machine of the same speck you can get a screen for a Graphtec CE3000 but their not compatible apparently.

netsol

can you post a picture of the display/board?
about 4 years ago, i bought a gerber tempo 600 (made by graphtec & sold as gerber)
i found a display with very little problems

STUPID QUESTION:
are there any jumpers or dip switches on the board, that might be set wrong?

Freebass

79B4BED5-1CBF-47DF-B45C-BFD220F734B2.jpeg

Freebass

Hi thanks for your replies theirs no reset buttons on the board the lcd just faded I wiggled the ribbon cable and the display came and went but unfortunately faded to nothing and wouldn’t come back on again I know the the cable is is unplugged in the board picture but this is not the problem it was unpluged in the photo to try cleaning the contacts which made no difference, I’m located in the Uk so would not know how to to contact plotter doctor in California unfortunately, if you have an email address for him that would be great.
Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions

Freebass

Thanks for the email Netsol I have messaged him fingers crossed.
@j Burton thanks for the helpful advice altho it was up the top end where the screen was where I I was wiggling not the board end, although as you say a dry solder joint could still be the culprit, i definitely think I need a new screen and cable as I tried cleaning the ribbon end contacts with a little isopropyl which turned out to not be a good idea as it removed the silver contact surfaces on the ribbon cable

netsol

freebass
if you want to send me the board, i will resolder it or have it run through a rework oven to reflow all
the solder connections. pm. me for address. it'll take 15 minutes and we can send it right back to you.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Check and clean the ribbon cables and make sure they are seated all the way in.
Do this while the machine is unplugged.

Freebass

Thanks for the email Netsol I have messaged him fingers crossed.
@j Burton thanks for the helpful advice altho it was up the top end where the screen was where I I was wiggling not the board end, although as you say a dry solder joint could still be the culprit, i definitely think I need a new screen and cable as I tried cleaning the ribbon end contactswith a little isopropyl which turned out to not be a good idea as it removed the silver contact surfaces on the ribbon cable

Freebass

freebass
if you want to send me the board, i will resolder it or have it run through a rework oven to reflow all
the solder connections. pm. me for address. it'll take 15 minutes and we can send it right back to you.
Thanks Netsol that’s really kind of you I think I need a new screen first tho as I mentioned I think the ribbon cable has gone on it and also as mentioned I cleaned the connector end with isopropyl which unfortunately seemed to remove the little silver contacts not sure if this is something you fix or not ?

Freebass

Check and clean the ribbon cables and make sure they are seated all the way in.
Do this while the machine is unplugged.
Thanks for your reply I did clean the the ribbon cables with a little isopropyl but unfortunately it’s removed the silver contacts which I fear has made the situation worse, not sure if this is something that could be fixed or not ?