• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 6 colour?

Dave Rowland

Hi
I am a fairly new here and many of you seem to own the GS6000 8 colour machine, I am in the UK and I had a demonstration on the machine running on Ergosoft Posterprint , we are finding the Gamut to be wild and ideally I would like to tame the colours to 6colour CMYKlclm.

I am aware of the Mutoh, but it is not sold here the UK and I did hear problems with it, not sure how true they are.

So, a few questions is to those who own the machine....

1: Epson representative said you can assign the inks in the carts, is that true or did I miss understand him, can you put different carts in different positions?

2: Will the machine error if you put a cyan in the black for example? e.g. chipped

3: Has anyone tried a dual CMYKlclm in both of those DX6 based heads?

Dave

Freese

I can only speak from experience; but the ink cartridges have assigned spots.

As far as reassigning them, I cannot say they can or cannot.

Dice

You can make the GS6000 print in 6 color mode via the Rip. It took us a while to figure out how to properly profile for 8 color so until we figured that out we profiled for 4 and 6 color on the GS6000.

The down side to this is your still wasting ink. Your Green and Orange is still being used in the cleaning routines so your basically pouring money down the drain.

We never investigated if you could turn off those carts or convert them to other colors but i highly doubt thats possible. 1 the machine would have to support it and 2 your rip would have to support it.

I know that Onyx and Colorgate would only support the 3 modes, CMYK, CMYKlclm and CMYKlclmOG.

It's possible that ColorBurst has something special but I've never been impressed with that rip so i highly bought it has that capability.

ArtBot would be your guy on this question, he does all sort of strange things with printers.

boxerbay

?? keep the 8 colors as is and get a different RIP like Colorburst or Onyx. Also try a different icc profile. Yes colorburst has the ability to turn off O and G although I do not recommend it because the icc profiles are built using it. you would then need to go through the daunting task of building a profile which usually ends up crappy - at least for me. try different profiles. I run oracal 3640G profile on most of my media with no problems.