• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help GSP Plot and two Summa S2 cutters

Mkk8

Hi.

I received my second Summa S2 160 plotter a few days ago and i'm triyng to get both cutters work with Gerber GSP Plot.
Both have IP connection. I've used our older summa 6 yrs with no problems.

Now i have two IP:s in GQ Manager and when i click cut on plot it sends all jobs to old cutter, no
matter if i select new one in device select window.

IP adresses are
192.168.200.198 OLD S2
192.168.200.179 NEW S2

Adam.Foster

Hi.

I received my second Summa S2 160 plotter a few days ago and i'm triyng to get both cutters work with Gerber GSP Plot.
Both have IP connection. I've used our older summa 6 yrs with no problems.

Now i have two IP:s in GQ Manager and when i click cut on plot it sends all jobs to old cutter, no
matter if i select new one in device select window.

IP adresses are
192.168.200.198 OLD S2
192.168.200.179 NEW S2
What version of Omega do you have?

Adam.Foster

We have versions 4,5 and 6.5
In Omega 6.5 I would double check what you have set in GQmgr for the IP address for each plotter and double check the IP address on each plotter. Verify the IP address on each plotter is different and that you have 2 different IP address in Omega 6.5 GQmgr. If all looks right go into windows Command prompt (CMD from start menu) then type "PING 192.168.200.179" and hit enter
you should get a response if the plotter is turned on and connected. If you get the message "request timed out" the plotter is not connected, not on the same network as the PC or not setup correctly. If you do get a response turn the plotter off and do it again to verify you DONT get a response when it is off. This is basic network testing and helps verify the plotter is seen on the network. Once verified the network is working correctly try to output from Omega again. If it still doesnt work remove the plotter from GQmgr, Close all Gerber programs, then open them back up and add the plotter back in. Do you get any errors when adding the plotter?