• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

guillotine cutter?

ForgeInc

Just curious how many of you bigger shops out there use large guillotine cutters? We are thinking about purchasing a used one any advice on things to look for, good sizes, features, benefits etc would be appreciated.

Thoughts?

jasonx

guillotine

Did you ever purchase a guillotine? We're looking at the same thing to pre cut down larger sheets for printing. Looking for a more entry manual machine compared to something like the Josting.

S'N'S

I bought a 4ft cut and should have bought a 8footer..... 8ft come in a stomp shear as well.

neil_se

Up to 4' we use a treadle guillotine which replaced a Keencut, longer than that we use a CNC router. 8' would be nice if we had the space, but then we'd wish we had a 10', and so on.

chafro

We outsource guillotine cutting and diecut.

But we also have been thinking of getting our own, for us die cut is a priority over guillotine, looking for a used Thomson.

polar guillotines is what everyone uses around here.

jasonx

Are the sheet metal guillotines you guys have open say to 50mm? The ones I've googled only goto 6-8mm because they are made for sheet metal.

Do they also have a clamp?

We already have a Zund. I am investigating this option to cut down 8x4' sheets into say 900x600mm pieces before printing.

johnnysigns

I find ours invaluable. 61.5" max width cut is my only beef. Really wish it was larger, but I can't imagine doing the work we do without one.

ForgeInc

We never bought one, were looking to supplement our zund a while ago for sheeting out goods, etc. Actually ended up buying another zund.

Curious though, those that have them - how accurate are your cuts? Any issues with finished pieces that are out of square?

Adding that and a laser to to the future wish list (if only we had room!)