• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Guillotine suggestion for our SwissQprint Nyala 4s

Albert Ma

Hi Guys
Just orded our new SwissQprint Nyala 4s max 370sqm per hour, will arrive in June, compare our old Mimaki JFX200 should be a big speed increasing,
will share more reviews both hardware and rip software.
Bottom neck should on cutting now.
Any one use big size guillontione to cut yars signs , formcore or thin 1-3mm PVC?
as we have 2 of 1.6x2.5M size Jwei flatbed cutters now, for streight line yard signs like 36x24inch (600x900mm size) still take long time to finish,
looking for a Guillontine 54 inch(1.37M) blade size like below

as we looking for finish print and cutting 500 qty of 36x24in yard signs with in 2 hours
Any one have suggestion to guillotine yard sign?

Superior_Adam

I dont think you will get that many printed in 2 hours. Max speed is 370 square meters which you will probably not run at that for quality issues unless you good with it. We run our printer on a production speed for better quality. Even at max quality your looking at 37 4x8 boards per hour which will not even get you close to 500 24x36 in 2 hours.

LarryB

You need a router to cut everything out. What are you going to do if it needs to have round corners? Also I'm pretty sure foamboard will crush trying to cut on a guillontione.

I have a Kongsberg X24 router machine and it cuts everything off our Agfa hybrid flatbed.

johnnysigns

We used to cut foamcore all the time on our Polar guillotine. We'd just put a small piece of similar thickness scrap under the hold down bar so that it wouldn't imprint onto the foamcore. For straight cutting, I don't think you can beat a guillotine sometimes. SBS, coroplast, PETG, thing PVC, HIPS...

Albert, There's a huge market for used guillotines. We just sold a 51" Seybold for peanuts a couple weeks ago. Global garage has two huge seybolds although only one of them seems to have the upgraded microcut input computer: https://www.globalgarage.com/cutting/seybold

Here's another link to colter peterson's used inventory: https://www.papercutters.com/cuttermart/certified-used-machines