• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

handle installation

grafikguy

President
We are wrapping 2021 GMC Sierra pickups and have the outer handles removed. We cannot get the handles back in and cannot open the doors using the inside handle. Does anyone know how to seat those handles back in?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have not run into this but it looks like it might be too late:
Their main thing was don't close the door with the handle off until you tighten the set screw.

ikarasu

I love at 48 seconds in the fix video when he instinctly goes to shut the door, the look on his face as he dives to prevent it from closing after realizing what he's doing is "FUCK NOT AGAIN!!" :roflmao:

Whenever we remove handles... I keep the doors jammed open in fear I'll never be able to open them again. Our other installer shuts it all the time and I cringe... its never been a problem before... but looks like at least on silverados it is, so I feel vindicated spending the extra time ensuring its propped open at least.

Good luck!

grafikguy

President
We have done dozens of GM pickups and this is the first time we ran into this. We always keep the windows open so we can access the inside handles and it has always worked. I can't see why GM would make it more difficult with the popularity of wraps these days.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
May
We have done dozens of GM pickups and this is the first time we ran into this. We always keep the windows open so we can access the inside handles and it has always worked. I can't see why GM would make it more difficult with the popularity of wraps these days.
Maybe an anti-theft measure. Keep the door from being opened if someone just wacked the plastic handle off and stuck a screwdriver in the hole to tickle the lock open, I don't know. I did not appreciate it when Ford started riveting their van door handles on......

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
May

Maybe an anti-theft measure. Keep the door from being opened if someone just wacked the plastic handle off and stuck a screwdriver in the hole to tickle the lock open, I don't know. I did not appreciate it when Ford started riveting their van door handles on......
Like the last gen superdutys where you can pry up the plastic and open the door or jamb a screw driver in the lock cylinder. 4x for me. Makes for a great morning.

Ready

Ready To Go
We are wrapping 2021 GMC Sierra pickups and have the outer handles removed. We cannot get the handles back in and cannot open the doors using the inside handle. Does anyone know how to seat those handles back in?
Hello, A couple of the rules we had in an auto body shop I was a partner in, was to roll down a window and the keys were kept on rack in the office so they would not go home in someone's pocket. At my sign store we follow the same rules.

Bob P.