• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having no luck with an error message!

LMSigns24

I posted a few days ago but thought I would try again. I learned a bit more from technical support but they can only help me somewhat. Basically what happened is, one of my invoices got corrupted and every time I click on my receivables, I get an error message. Techincal support says, if I enable JIT debugging, this error message will get sent to a debugger instead of popping up. I have 2 choices. Either I figure out where to type this message below (where on computer) or I have to start from scratch on my invoicing program which means re entering ALLL my customers. I am confused!!! I figured I would try one more time for some advice, and if not, ill start from scratch. Please read message below. This is what comes up in the error box. Thank you for you help:)

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

ruckusman

OK on windows you can search within files for a particular text string

Then if there's a config ini in the program folder look in that file...buuut the JIT debugging is more likely related to the software that was used to write the software, and in this case I'd hazard a guess as Microsoft .NET
In that case I'd say you'll be looking in the folder > windows > Microsoft.NET > Framework > (Version Number) > CONFIG

There will be machine.config fles in several folders if there is more than one version of .NET installed.

Do all of the machine.config files you find in the various folders, and that string they sent you may not be in the original files to begin with, just add it exactly as they've advised

Use only notepad to edit the files as other programs can insert hidden characters that can wreak havoc.
For safety you can copy and rename any files you intend to edit to say > machine.config.original before you start

BTW this stuff is easy, just be methodical, take notes if necessary and don't get discouraged

peace out

Last edited: