• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

having trouble with this one?

Fifthgeargraphix

I have a customer, his brand is called Quinn's Unlimited and he wants only one U that connects both words together. He does custom motorcycle builds and machine work. I can't figure out how to make it look right...any ideas? this is what I came up with, I didn't clean it up or anything.

quinns.jpg Offsite Pic Replaced Please Observe Our Photo Posting Rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not sure why a Blackletter style is what was selected, but here's a shot at following your start. If you're going to do something like this, why start with a letter style that's hard to read in the first place?

To me it is important that you not get into stretching letters to fit. You just end up with a mish-mash of different boldness. So I used lower case "u" characters, sliced each, lengthened the vertical strokes, and then welded the two into one.

Attachments

• quinns-unlimited.jpg
    quinns-unlimited.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 77

Fifthgeargraphix

Thanks for getting back to me so soon. Yeah I should have explained a little more in detail. The picture I posted is just some lettering I sketched up and tried to fit together. The font does not necessarily have to be a script style, I was just trying to come up with something that fit the crowd or audience of the custom motorcycle world.