• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having troubles with bubbles & wrinkles?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
The Big Squeegee can help you get professional results with very little experience. It is fast and easy. Large applications made easy.

MindsEyeOpen

A friend of mine has one of those at his shop. I'll have to have him demonstrate the use of it for me sometime. In theory, it looks like something that we could really use.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A friend of mine has one of those at his shop. I'll have to have him demonstrate the use of it for me sometime. In theory, it looks like something that we could really use.

Absolutely. No shop should be without a few of them. We have three and all three get used constantly.

Speedsterbeast

Bought two this summer and was able to put off buying a laminator until next spring due to space issues.
Found it a little pricey for what it is, so there was no warm fuzzy feeling with the purchase, but I can't complain about the product. It does what it says it does for laminating and masking.

Baz

I don't laminate with mine but i do use it as a big squeegee :covereyes:

Just a couple of weeks ago i had to lay down x7 - 4'x8' sheets of cut vinyl with premask (at our customer's shop). These had a line pattern on them and had to be installed on stainless steel panels to be etched. We laid those down so quick and easy with the BS that it just made us look like proffessionals.

Thanks again for the tool Dave :thumb:

David6ft6

I have a question. I been using the big squeegee for a while and today I'm mounting a bunch of 18x24 prints on coro and they are running great UNTIL the last 3. Close to the end of laying them down, wrinkles are showing up two rows down. I been using this the same way all the time and using the same vinyl but all of a sudden, wrinkles. Can someone tell me what I should try? I have the coro inside other coro cut out the same size to have landing all around it. Tape one end of the print, roll the print around a blank core and push.
I have some more to do tomorrow and already tried of re-printing them.

Thanks,
David

GB2

Old Member
I have a question. I been using the big squeegee for a while and today I'm mounting a bunch of 18x24 prints on coro and they are running great UNTIL the last 3. Close to the end of laying them down, wrinkles are showing up two rows down. I been using this the same way all the time and using the same vinyl but all of a sudden, wrinkles. Can someone tell me what I should try? I have the coro inside other coro cut out the same size to have landing all around it. Tape one end of the print, roll the print around a blank core and push.
I have some more to do tomorrow and already tried of re-printing them.

Thanks,
David

That could be any number of things but the first that I would question is the print job. Is it a solvent print? Is the ink dry? You said the last 3 in the pile so I'm thinking that the ink is not as dry on the bottom of the pile and that would definately be a factor. Even when the ink is fairly dry, when the squeegee goes over areas of heavy ink concentration versus unprinted vinyl, there can be a considerable difference in the drag resistance that could lead to wrinkling or stretching of the vinyl. With some experience you can see and feel when this might be happening.

David6ft6

Thanks, That did it. It wasn't completely dry. I guess that is what I get for rushing. I didn't think it was the Big Squeegee.

Thanks Again,
David

Tifosi

pretty cool. At first glance of the title I just thought you were talking about the larger squeegee's, which I hate. Give me my 4" any day. After seeing the video I understand how this one is DIFFERENT! A place to weight it down! I may have to look into picking one of these up.

Thanks

GP

might be time to pick one up. Got my eye on a GFP laminator but the well is a little dry right now.

What is the perfect size to start with? Any harm in going with something that will do a 4x8?

Really just looking for smaller stuff. magnets up to 24x36 and 48x96 job site signs and the like.

GP

Gino

Premium Subscriber
might be time to pick one up. Got my eye on a GFP laminator but the well is a little dry right now.

What is the perfect size to start with? Any harm in going with something that will do a 4x8?

Really just looking for smaller stuff. magnets up to 24x36 and 48x96 job site signs and the like.

GP

We have a 38" for the 2' x 3's and a 54" for the 4' x 8's and then a little 12" or 14" one that gets used more than I figured it would.

so after watching the videos I'm not sure which to buy...looks like the laminator one was most useful, but the cut vinyl one was supposedly better...

which would be best for masking/applying digital prints? Take the laminate out of the equation

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Buy one of each...lol

so after watching the videos I'm not sure which to buy...looks like the laminator one was most useful, but the cut vinyl one was supposedly better...

which would be best for masking/applying digital prints? Take the laminate out of the equation
Felt is best for masking and does a good job with mounting. The Laminator Tool is best for mounting laminate.

paul luszcz

The BS is THE best tool we've ever bought. No matter how often I use it, I'm always amazed at how easy it makes something that used to be so hard.

We used to avoid design elements like borders on 4' x 8' panels, because even using our $20K laminator, we couldn't get them down straight without stretching. Now we can, in minutes with the BS.

Simply amazing. No, I'm not on the payroll.

Last edited: