• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Fuse confusion...

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
Mimaki JV33160

Went to change the head last week and then the printer would not power up at all. Relays click, but nothing. So I do a ton of reading. I figure it is most likely the head fuse. And this is where the confusion starts...

From everything I can find online the head fuse is a removable fuse located under the two large caps directly under the heat sink rail for the mosfets. In every photo i can find the fuse is located in a tan holder and is designed to be removed and a new fuse inserted. Mine however is a SMD self-resetting fuse.

So my question is, is is this still the same fuse, and just a different type? Or am I looking at the totally wrong area of the board?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 10-02-52 JV33 No print at all_No test print.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 10-02-52 JV33 No print at all_No test print.png
    710.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 20221003_100748.jpg
    20221003_100748.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 97

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Every JV33 I've seen looks like the board on the left. The F13 fuse is the one to replace. My guess is your machine is pretty old and they hadn't added the replaceable fuse yet?

Windcalmer

The Branding Experts
Ok, I was thinking it was generational thing. My other JV33-130 has the fuse holder like the photo on the left. It is also blown, so as soon as I have replacements here I will get them installed and see what I get.

Thank you for the fast reply!