• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat Pressing Jersey material... question

graphix28

I am new to the whole world of heat pressing and having a heck of a time with press jerseys. I double up and use a 6mil white printable material and you can still see through.. Anyone have any tips for me?

Thanks for any help

nineonenine

graphix28

I am trying to press on nylon.. using easy print 6mil. Thanks! I will check that out. Still very new to the whole heat pressing. I mainly do mx and atv vinyl decals but have a lot of guys asking for jersey lettering, so I thought I would give it a try.

graphix28

can you print on the sub stop material? Or would you have to cut this and press,, then print on another material and press on top?

Mike_Koval

yeah i'm going to say definitely dye migration...a very common problem with polyester.

Sub block is a print cut material to block dye migration.

Jace161

Hey Kip, this is Jace if you can't tell from the username :D

Try Sub block, it doesn't allow dye migration, my guy in OH uses it for all the Jerseys we press, its a little expensive I do believe...

vinylbarry

Heat and time has nothing to due with that, its the dye and it well happen unless you use the meterial listed above.

Jace161

If you heat it at the same temp but less time the dye won't migrate but the transfer won't stay on too long either.

Just something to add, I did someones jersey with a standard iron you use for your clothes and the dye migration was HORRIBLE, I did it at a lower temp for longer time, so there is some truth to that?