• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Kansas City!

ForerunnerJesse

Hello everyone! Thanks for the invitation into the group. My name is Jesse Eldringhoff, I am Operations Manager of a 2.5 year old sign company in Overland Park, KS ( Forerunner Signs & Graphics). I am fairly new to the industry and it seems like I am in constant need of wise counsel. Hopefully I can benefit form your knowledge and contribute with some of my own experiences. Thanks again!

signbrad

Jesse,
Are you new to Kansas City or just the sign industry?

I've lived here almost fifteen years.
I sometimes ride the bike trails that are not too far from your shop. I try to ride 40-50 miles a week. Kansas City is not a super friendly bicycle town like Copenhagen, or even Seattle. But it's slowly adding to the trails.
KC is not the best sign town, either. A lot of junior-high-looking work. Of course, that seems to be the case everywhere these days. But we also have a company here called Dimensional Innovations that does some unbelievably awesome work (the facade of the downtown library parking garage, for example).

Also, KC has decent barbecue. And the brewery and the distillery. And then there is the Drunken Worm on 39th Street, a tequila bar with over 180 varieties.

Brad