• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

(HELP) epson dx7 head keep spraying ink while not printing

Hi, i have a large scale uv flatbed printer from china, using epson dx7 head
Everything seem to be going well until the last couple of weeks, the dx7 head seemed to be spraying white ink all over the place while not printing, and while moving the head (the other head for cmyk is working fine)
I just changed the dx7 head so the head must not be the one having trouble
My guess would be the grating sensor / limit sensor, or the cables / mainboard
Every input would be appreciated, thanks a lot ! :)

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
What does spraying mean? Is it dripping or printing? If it's dripping then its most likely a leak someplace. If it's printing the ink, as in ink going through the head like it would printing, then it's most likely an electrical issue.

What does spraying mean? Is it dripping or printing? If it's dripping then its most likely a leak someplace. If it's printing the ink, as in ink going through the head like it would printing, then it's most likely an electrical issue.
It's printing the ink while i move the head / not leaking, i wonder which part has the problem here? Because i swapped the heads and each one of them had the same issue on white , cmyk on the other hand , no problem

Screenshot_20211201-181631_WhatsApp.jpg

Now the problem changes into this: it prints normally about the first 30% of the image , then afterwards it starts spraying white ink all over again (the picture i uploaded above), wonder what caused this?

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Yeah. Something is triggering the white head to do something.

Crossed wire?
Head Board misbehaving? (I don't know if that's what they call it. But the board the ribbon cables come out of to the head)

You know, it could be a software issue too. Maybe an update? Might check the firmware just to be sure too.

It is interesting that there's no pattern to the white though, just firing. I've seen this with other printers where the head just starts printing swaths of ink. It's usually a cable or board issue.