• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! My Verscamm VP-540 has an error message...

grafixemporium

Push the carriages back together and restart the printer. That happened to me once when the carriage got caught up on some vinyl that peeled from the backing.

G-Man

Another step you may want to conside

Anytime the head seperates from the carriage for various reasons it is always a good idea to Reinitialize the Limit Position and Cut down position". This step basically reassures that the cutter/print head are in sync.
I am sure the steps are outlined in your user manual, but briefly turn the sub power off (blue light on front panel). Press and hold Left + Up + Down, and while holding them press the sub power button. This will take you through the steps needed to insure that your system will better serve you.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'm pretty sure the manual does say to just shut down the power totally and reboot. They will align themselves when you start back up. Has happened to me a couple of times - never done the procedure above, but I'm not having any issues.

push them in which direction??? Sorry for sounding like a newbie but exactly what is the carriage???

Geez, I had to print 60 4x8 banners over the weekand, this thing has me super stressed out!!!! :*(

Bigdawg

Just Me
Don't push them at all!!!!!

Unplug the power to the back and when you reboot they will align them selves.

Edited to add: If they don't realign themselves you've got more serious problems then the carriage separation.

Do you know what causes this error??? I've been putting this machine thru the ultimate test this week, huge project printing out 275 4x8 banners.
Printing the machine 20 hours straight every day....can this be a cause???

Bigdawg

Just Me
When I did it I actually caught it with my hand (don't even ask).

I noticed on banner material that it catches the edge more so then vinyl or any other substrate. It's a good idea to use the metal media clip-ons that came with the machine when you are printing banners - just don't forget to take them off before you do a cross-cut.