• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Onyx 11 RIP-Queue Keeps Crashing

showie

I've been having this issue for the last few days (since my system updated, which... I'm hoping isn't the issue because I'm not sure the last time this terminal was backed up as I'm still relatively new to this shop).

We run an HP L26500 with Onyx 11 PosterShop. The RIP-Queue software began giving me issues when bringing in files. It would crash with the Server Executable Error message any time a file was brought in when we opened Job Editor from the Rip-Queue software. I was then able to side line that for a little while by opening files directly from Job Editor and bringing them in that way. However, we've had a few instances when even files brought in from Job Editor will cause a crash. Not every file does it, and it doesn't seem to matter the physical or digital size of the job. Sometimes physically large files import without crashing, sometimes digitally large files import without crashing.

I've rebooted and ran virus scans and memory scans but nothing seems out of the ordinary. Any ideas?

mbasch

If you tried both and it is still crashing, defrag your hard drive. If it isn't set up to automatically defrag it causes this symptom.

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
I had the same thing happen, just open directly into editor or leave editor closed before trying to open RIP queue files. This is a known bug in 11, with the only fix being an upgrade to 12. That solved it for us as well as solving a few other 11 anomalies. It really irks me that you have to pay full price for buggy software updates

showie

So a full reinstall seems to have fixed the issues, however, I'm now missing a whole bunch of my settings. Most I can just reload/rebuild myself, but one that I am missing and cannot seem to find is the ability to shift things both left and right.

Ideas?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Here's a snip from our 12.2 install:
7KukeVq.jpg

We never used v11, and didn't do anything special to get these menus in 12.2. Just came part of the standard install on the 3 machines I had a look at in the office this morning.

Hexio

If you tried both and it is still crashing, defrag your hard drive. If it isn't set up to automatically defrag it causes this symptom.
I am having this exact same problem today. I have emptied all the files from the Work folder and defragged the disk. But every time I launch Production House 12, it crashes after one or two seconds and a zero k .JobPreview file appears back in the Work folder.
I have no idea where this is coming from. The input folders are all empty.

Is there another folder I should be looking in?

Thanks

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I am having a similar issue with Onyx 19 today. I have a HP 360 and 365, when I have a job ripping for the 365 it crashed the RIP, upon restarting the RIP will crash as soon as the printers come online unless I clear the 365's work folder. I have tried 3 different files with the same results. Does anyone have any insight to what is going on or how I can resolve this issue?

I have an upgrade to the current version of Onyx, but was hoping to get through some work before I update.

I had this problem with Onyx19. None of the above worked. I had to have Onyx tech support VPN in and fix it(they messed with all kinds of files. Tooks hours). Went from crashing every 5-10 minutes to once every few months.
BTW, I highly recommend upgrading your Onyx. The newer versions have some really useful features.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I was finally able to get things going on the 365 by avoiding Job Editor and setting the file up in the Queue. I am going to install version 22 when I am done printing a 3,280ft project.