• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help. Signlab print and cut has stopped working.

brianky

I have Signlab 9.1, print and cut. Same set up for past 5 years, nothing different, nothing added, I can cut vinyl just fine. I have printed and cut for years with no problem. BUT now, I can not print and cut from VPM. To print I had to unplug my plotter, restart my printer (Mutoh ValueJet) and then print. HOWEVER, no matter what I try, I can not cut. I have tried everything possible, I keep getting an error. How do I find out what the error is??? How do I correct this??? AS mentioned before, EVERYTHING has worked fine for the past 5 years. NOTHING has changed, just now out of nowhere I am unable to print and cut. Any help please! Thanks!

Signgrl

Same for me too. Can't find how to fix the error.... I use Flexi also so I've just been slowly saving my CADlink files to pdf and opening in Flexi. On another note, I called them because I just got the Graphtec FC9000 and it was not listed in the list to install in Signlab. They wanted me to upgrade for 499.00. I'll never upgrade again with them.. I've upgraded so many times. Been using Signlab since 1996.

Neil

Pretty hard to trouble shoot such vague questions. Sometimes I get corrupted files. Things like the .ini file for the cutter.
I have a backup of those for each cutter and also cut.exe file. If things go awry I copy and paste those back into the relevant folder and RESET in Print and cut setup

brianky

Same for me too. Can't find how to fix the error.... I use Flexi also so I've just been slowly saving my CADlink files to pdf and opening in Flexi. On another note, I called them because I just got the Graphtec FC9000 and it was not listed in the list to install in Signlab. They wanted me to upgrade for 499.00. I'll never upgrade again with them.. I've upgraded so many times. Been using Signlab since 1996.
I am same. I’ve been using Signlab also since 1996, I will not upgrade again. I am looking at going to Flexi. I am waiting for a call back from signlab tech now. Cost $75 to talk to them.

brianky

Fixed: had to pay the $75 to speak to tech support. They said it had something to do with a Windows Update. My comm ports got renamed or something. Had to change my port settings and work. BUT now my Contour cut is off. Is there a way to calibrate that?

cornholio

I guess there is... You probably lost the setting in the reinstallation process.
Without knowing your cutter type, it's hard to tell. For the cutters I know, it's a cutter setting.

brianky

I guess there is... You probably lost the setting in the reinstallation process.
Without knowing your cutter type, it's hard to tell. For the cutters I know, it's a cutter setting.
It’s a graphtec plotter. The first items I sent cut fine, the second batch was way off and I couldn’t use them. The third batch was way better than the second but not as good as the first.

jimdtg

Please make sure the program language (HPGL/GPGL) on your Graphtec matches with driver type selected in Signlab.

Signgrl

I am same. I’ve been using Signlab also since 1996, I will not upgrade again. I am looking at going to Flexi. I am waiting for a call back from signlab tech now. Cost $75 to talk to them.
I've been using Flexi for several years now and I like it but Signlab had nice features that Flexi doesn't. In Flexi you can't catagorize fonts. That's a big thing for me. So mostly I design in Signlab, save it as pdf, open in Flexi and print or print/ cut. Since I can't use production manager in Signlab I only output plotting. Flexi does everything else.