• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!!!!??? SP-300V contour cutting off by nearly a centimeter!

toucan_graphics

for some reason, the contour cutting on our SP-300V is almost a full centimeter off! It was printing and cutting perfectly all day, but when I came back from lunch, the contour cut is an almost exact centimeter to the right of the image. I tried the adjustments listed in the manual with no luck. The feed line is perfect, but the scan line is off.
Any help?

Below is what I have, regardless of changing settings.

(The blue line is where it cuts)

test print-cut.jpg

Clean the encoder strip & do enviro match . Re test. Making adjustments may never send the cut dead center on that chart. Check the black square print - cut adj. #2

Encoder

Where is the encoder strip?
Thanks...Ken

It's the plastic strip ( Runs along the TOP of the head carriage rail - behind the head carriage cables). Iso alcohol & lint free cloth . "Lightly" - LIGHTLY pinch between fingers & wipe . @ $250 If you break it.

Last edited:

mystysue

we had that problem and the strip was filthy.. donno.. if we missed that in our training or what.. but had never cleaned it..
cuts like brand new now..lol

LMSigns24

Wow, I signed on to ask the same question! I have a versacamm sp300 and i printed and laminated, and the cut is off, off, off! All day i tried re aligning. I have wasted 2 very large pieces of reflective vinyl because of this. Last night it was fine...Today when i need to get this job done for monday, i have a huge mess. Will I have to cut this by hand???? This is going to be a very bad day tomorrow...I can see it already.

LMSigns24

It's the plastic strip ( Runs along the bottom of the head carriage rail - below the cables). Iso alcohol & lint free cloth . "Lightly" - LIGHTLY pinch between fingers & wipe . @ $250 If you break it.

Is all of these terms in the manual? I hope so, cause I do not want to be cutting by hand tomorrow.