• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Colorspan 72si IO Board!

hpverve1025

We got our printer last Jan 2007. Since then, we have changed the motherboard, encoder strip, encoder reader and data cable among others. So far, the machine has been working well but today, we just found out that we have to change the IO board. My question is what causes the IO board to malfunction? It's pretty dusty in our workshop but the machine is enclosed in an air-conditioned room (we're located in the philippines). Does anyone know where we can get one? Our local HP support office doesn't have the IO board on stock. It'll take them 30days to get the board...Any help/tips is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Mspec

what errors are you seeing with the IO board? sometimes a strong enough ESD event can burn a trace right off the board. If this is the case any good tech with small soldering skills should be able to solder in a jumper wire, and repair the board cheaply. It really depends on the type of error you are getting.

Printers that run in dusty rooms tend to have the vents on the electronics clog up, and this causes the electronics to run hot. If the assembly is not cooling well, you can and will see a lot of components inside fail.