• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Old GCC Cutter

reo001

I have an old GCC GRC 61 I purchased from craigslist. The machine worked at the guys house but now I have it in my shop I hooked it up to a PC running Vista 32 bit with Flexi 10 and I cant get anything to cut. Does anyone have any sugestions to getting this cutter to work? I have the latest drivers and I have tried using the serial port and a USB adapter. The only thing it does whe I send a file is make a high pitched noise that keeps getting higher.
Any help would be appreciated....Thanks
-C

strypguy

ok, I have this cutter but I stink at explaining things, Anyway you need to go into production manager of Flexi and add your cutter. If it's already installed you can go in and change your settings for the cutter. Sounds like the port your using may be incorrect.
BTW, That is one little workhorse of a cutter. I love it.

John

thewvsignguy

try the serial cable without the usb on one end and make sure it's a null modem cable. The kind of modem cable the they used to use for a serial connection way back in the day.

Is the cutter showing up in production manager? if you can get the cutter to do a test cut from the cutters control panel then it's in the config of production manager.

reo001

I have tried the Serial cable and got the same results the high pitched sound, one time it said configuration error, I checked my setting in Production manager and made them the same as on the plotter.
The plotter does make a test cut from the control panel on the machine.
I am hopeing there is just a setting I missed or a firmware upgrade that will solve this.

Last edited:

thewvsignguy

If it's the same White GRC-61 that I'm thinking about, I really doubt that there is any kind of firmware update for that cutter. But you can check GCC's website and see if that might have anything.

Any way you can try the cutter/Flexi on a XP machine?

Worst case is call signwarehouse.com, we bought some new equipment from them in the beginning of the year but we also have a 6-7 yr old 24" cutter that they have helped with. It might cost you a little money but they should be able to help you get you cutter moving.