• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with warping material

MHester

I have an HP 335 that continues to warp this material when it comes through the heaters. See attached pic. This is Nekoosa (RTape) Synaps OM 14Mil Poly rolls. The attached pic is run 12 pass, 207 degree, 100% saturation. What do I need to do to avoid the warping? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5263 copy.jpg
    IMG_5263 copy.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 336

brdesign

Maybe try reducing the saturation or increasing the number of passes which would allow you to reduce the amount of heat for drying. Do a test print to see what is the lowest saturation setting you can use before the color quality gets to be unacceptable.

MHester

I would really consider different material. That is looking so bad.
Ironically, when I had a HP310 printing the exact same material, it didn't have that problem. Once I upgraded to a 335 the problem started. I'm using the same print profile, so it should have worked in theory. It's ultimately the same printer, just a larger size. None of my other substrates are having an issue on 335, this is the only one.

MHester

I have an HP 335 that continues to warp this material when it comes through the heaters. See attached pic. This is Nekoosa (RTape) Synaps OM 14Mil Poly rolls. The attached pic is run 12 pass, 207 degree, 100% saturation. What do I need to do to avoid the warping? Thanks in advance.
The magical combination seems to be 20 pass, 189 heat, 90% saturation. It lays pretty flat now. Thanks for the advice!

MHester

Maybe try reducing the saturation or increasing the number of passes which would allow you to reduce the amount of heat for drying. Do a test print to see what is the lowest saturation setting you can use before the color quality gets to be unacceptable.
The magical combination seems to be 20 pass, 189 heat, 90% saturation. It lays pretty flat now. Thanks for the advice!

AGCharlotte

definitely way too much heat though it looks like you've got it zero'd in. Most of the "heavy" stuff I run, I have the temp around 190.