• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Higher prices appear to be here to stay

Oh, we haven’t seen anything yet… Just wait and see what the next 8 or so years of the next business cycle will bring. So have you raised your per sq/ft price for print and labor, or just passing on material cost increases?
Considering American politics specifically is just both sides lying to us about how they don’t personally support corporations taking advantage of the people, but are both funded by every shady corporation ever. 10/10, love it.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Don't really care if you're impressed or not. Feel free to not engage in conversation.
But now we are all intrigued... You sound like you have the answer... It felt like an open ended question in the first place. I'm just listening here, but if you have solutions, please share.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Higher prices appear to be here to stay.

Let’s talk about managing inflationary costs, or more passing them along to the market.

Vinyl, laminate and so on are pretty straight forward as the increases are simply passed through when quotting.

But have you increased your sq/fr price for printing? How about labor? Enough to accommodate for the changes?
Why would you not??
And Sq ft pricing is a bad idea unless your a large format wholesaler in my option

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Notareal, I'd like to circle back around and expand a little on what you said earlier. I think some of us could pivot and adopt your market strategy. Grabbing the low hanging fruit with compelling pricing strategies is the kind of innovative thinking I can appreciate. I think we could synergize our business ideas so feel free to expand on that and touch base with me tomorrow. I'll run it up the flagpole. Make sense Kim?
Now you're listening

Tim de Beir

In Belgium electricity bill went up by 5-600% for gas and as for electricity About 300%. Each month starting from march this year prices for vinyl went up by 5% at least, ACM and forex doubled in prices in about 2 years… i’ve raised prices for most of my clients.

JamesLam

I like these feisty battles first thing Monday morning. It's like an espresso shot in one's coffee.

The biggest fear is a pricing strategy that you have to justify to your customers. We get so caught up in the domino affect of price increases where we get irritated by our supplier's increases and in turn we do not want to irritate our clients. Get rid of the emotion and focus on what it takes to provide profitable products and services to your market.