• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Holographic Rainbow Media - Sensor reading problems

GreyOx

We have a HP latex cutter 54" (summa 140 most likely). We can not get our cutter to read the registration marks on the holographic rainbow vinyl. I covered around the marks white, printed new marks and placed on top of the other marks, Made the marks super big, so far no success. Anyone have any tips for something like this? I am using flexisign.

Saturn

Aging Member
If anyone ever gets super desperate, there was one job I had that I could NOT get to read, and taking one of those ultra bright LED flashlights and shining it directly down at the spot where the sensor was trying to read the regmarks was the only thing that worked... Sounds crazy, but it worked.

GreyOx

I ended up printed a second sheet on white and cutting the middle out, then applying it to the material. Kind of insane. I am going to run colored strips on the sides as well. When we had a Graphtec, I used scotch tape. Worked great for glossy vinyl.

BVG

We've done masking tape over the marks then traced with a sharpie. Worked well with our FC8600, although not needed on the newer FC9000 as it has a white laser for mark detection and doesn't seem to have an issue with the holographic.

GreyOx

Thanks for the advice. Its like Summa is somehow getting more information from the holographic. Once it goes to the third mark it doesn't make the same detect movements as the others. Its like it gets drunk and wonders off into the distance.

rawjahprintshop

yeah, its all funky with me too.. I'm using a graphtec fcx2000 flatbed, and if I happen to get it to read it then doesn't want to cut the Small stickers (small ones on this job are 1.5 wide, .25"/.5")

It's cut fine on stuff like 5inch stickers, but I'm wondering if since my lighting in the room the plotter isn't is IS TERRIBLE, IF that has any issues? terrible as in, a garage with No lights but when the sun comes through the two top ones that go about halfway through the dor width.

rawjahprintshop

Thanks for the advice. Its like Summa is somehow getting more information from the holographic. Once it goes to the third mark it doesn't make the same detect movements as the others. Its like it gets drunk and wonders off into the distance.
Same....Any fix that youve found yet?