• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I use the 720 x 1440 setting on Mimaki Jv3

Dice

Can a Jav3 print 1440? I know our Jv33 can.

I could never get good color out of flexi so i gave up trying. We use Onyx and Rasterlink and both you will need a 720 x 1440 Profile. I would suggest trying the Avery 3000 profile to start.

kalvix

you could probably get away with 360x720 on the mimaki jv3 if you are using 6 inks. you might need to print with 2x ink drops.

yes the jv3 can print 1440 although most people don't make a profile for it.

Rooster

Don't listen to them.

Higher resolutions look great on canvas. You can see the difference. Especially in color saturation and density.

I run 1440x1440 32 pass on my JV33 (CMYKLcLm) and it looks phenomenal!

Using the higher resolution offers a 60% increase in available color gamut. Using the higher number of passes allows you to lay down more ink.

Sure it's slow. You simply cannot argue with the results though. If you want brown washed out reds go with 720 8-pass. If you want to be able to reproduce deep rich luscious colors, bump up the resolution. See the attached pics for proof of concept. It helps to create your own profiles in-house as well. Not only do you get more accurate colors, but you can usually increase the available gamut over the canned profiles.

Attachments

• Original-(sRGB)-Red.jpg
    Original-(sRGB)-Red.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 1440-32-Pass-Red.jpg
    1440-32-Pass-Red.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 720-8-Pass-Red.jpg
    720-8-Pass-Red.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 224

tooserious

Thanks......now all I have to do is figure out how to make a profile...my spectrophotometer doesn't work with the new Flexi and My rasterlink doesn't work with Vista 64