• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I post pictures at Signs 101?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This is how to have a photo or image appear in a post. Upload it to Signs 101 using the Attachment feature as shown in the images here (circled in blue) or use the Insert Image feature (circled in red) to have yor image appear inline in your post.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Using the Insert Image path is more versatile and allows you to insert an image from your local computer or capture it from any website. Please insure that the box labeled "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" is checked so that the image is saved and stored on the Signs 101 server. Images uploaded or captured should not be excessively large or you may experience upload failure or over-expansion of the forum templates if capturing an image for local reference. Recommended sizes are no larger than 800 pixels for either dimension.

The reasons for this are:
  • Having images on site reduces the risk of photos disappearing at a later time.
  • Having images on site eliminates the expansion of forum templates when an oversized picture is posted.
  • Having images on site is authorized and is, therefore, not stealing anyone's bandwidth.
  • Having images on site will eliminate any possibility of anyone switching a photo from the original to something objectionable.

So that's the rules from this point forward on posting pics. If the image is not on site then the post will be deleted.

Attachments

• Image Icon 02.jpg
    Image Icon 02.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 432
  • Insert Image Dialog.jpg
    Insert Image Dialog.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 390
Last edited: