• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How fancy do I need? (Xrite i1, Spyder or ??) FB700/Roland XR640

tedbragg

I think it's time to color calibrate our screens to our printers and new ink types. Which color calibrators have yall had success with?

I've used the Xrite Studio at an offset print company, but it didn't play well with our Epson 36" wideformat (the dot pattern was too loose/grainy for it to lock on)
Our current printers can lay down a denser pattern.

Suggestions?

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
X-rite i1 Pro 3 Publish. Create printer profiles with media and laminate applied, so laminate does not shift colours.

Very simple to use (though a few of the options are vague in what they do), and in conjunction with with a well calibrated screen, takes a lot of the guess work out of production.

rickmdc

X-rite i1 Pro 3 Publish. Create printer profiles with media and laminate applied, so laminate does not shift colours.

Very simple to use (though a few of the options are vague in what they do), and in conjunction with with a well calibrated screen, takes a lot of the guess work out of production.
I was planning on purchasing an i1 Pro 2 Basic. I just need color profiles for a used Mutoh VJ . I'm just getting started. Do y'all feel The Pro 2 would work as well? Found one at $475

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
I've still got a Rev-D (i1pro v1) that works just fine. Hundreds of profiles run over the years.
I don't believe the Pro2 basic will create printer profiles - I think you need the publish version.
The Pro2 also has that lovely soft touch rubber plastic on them that turns to goop.