• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News how many shops will be battling over this wrap project?

equippaint

Maybe they'll use their same business model to get it done and put an ad on guru or somewhere, just side step all the legit and legal companies. $50 per install, we supply the wrap, you bring the tools.
How a company (uber) gets this big totally circumventing the laws is beyond me and really annoying. They (the law) require a lot from legal taxi companies yet these yahoos just roll in, ignore it all, hire people with no background checks, no commercial insurance and 1099 them on top of it all. I guess the lesson is that if youre going to break the law, do it really big. If youre not going to properly hire and pay employee taxes, do it big too. We would all be hanged if we tried it.

printhog

Oh crap - if Uber decides to do the gig economy model with the wrap trade to decorate their fleet we're all screwed...

Wolfie

Or they just won't pay their vendors like they normally don't.
I’ve never had issues getting paid by Uber. I’ve been doing a couple projects per year with them, every year, for 3-4 years now. Have you had issues getting paid as a vender?

From my contact inside of Uber, it sounds like they are going to hire “local” companies to wrap the cars.