• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to create this effect in Photoshop?

GoodPeopleFlags

I don't have to duplicate it *exactly* and might just go with a regular ol' outer glow if there's not an easy way to get something closer to this.

Attachments

• PBLogo_BLk_Sharp.jpg
    PBLogo_BLk_Sharp.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 121

Baz

I would try like this: Create two glow effects. One for your golden color and one for the white. Convert your white glow to layers and play with the motion blur settings.

jaylem

adobe AI

I'm much more fluent in AI than PS. If was to build it in AI: I would start with three layers. orange glow, white glow, and star burst. Starburst effect looks similiar to an effect that shows a sparkle on the edge of a metalic object. Lots of tutorials on that effect if you google search "AI typography effects" I also used an istockphoto file that had a similar effect. Very inexpensive file if you can create in vector (AI) and covert into a raster file for PS. Here's a link to the istockphoto image

http://www.istockphoto.com/vector/bright-star-19816502

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
There is a variety of blur effects taking place. It looks like multiple passes on multiple layers using the Radial Blur filter, with zoom selected. Alien Skin's Eye Candy filter set has a Backlight filter that can deliver a similar looking effect, but not with all the fine ray lines. The fine lines make me think the person who created the image had a blob of color with a lot of noise in it and radial zoomed it.

DSC

Looks Like a couple clipping masks (for the pics on the starburst and the blue marble effect) and an imported vector file (the badge) into PS. The larger starburst glow effect is done using a larger vector of the badge points outer path only, clipping it as a vector over the burst, and using the inner shadow or glow effect.. I can't tell which one..

My .02 .. spend it how you want.. ! :)