• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get expired ink out of lines - Lt Cyan and Lt Magenta

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
I'm running an HP 315 with HP Production Manager RIP. My LC and LM expired a while ago and I thought "whatever". Recently I started to get more mottling in my prints in light areas, especially light greys. They've also shifted toward green. I read up on it a little and saw that the expired ink may be the problem, so I replaced the inks, but I also read that there is as much as 30ml in the lines.
Is there any way to get the RIP to print solid blocks of those inks? Otherwise is it easy to draw the ink with a syringe without making a mess/f*cking up the printer?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you have a syringe just suck the ink out. Turn the printer off, take out the printhead and start pulling. But this only applies to the LM and LC.
You can turn off color management in the rip and make lets say 10% cyan and 10% magenta boxes then it should use only lights for it. You can see the usage in the print server.

jtiii

If you have a syringe just suck the ink out. Turn the printer off, take out the printhead and start pulling. But this only applies to the LM and LC.
You can turn off color management in the rip and make lets say 10% cyan and 10% magenta boxes then it should use only lights for it. You can see the usage in the print server.
Thanks very much for the quick reply. Sorry to have to ask, but how do you unpark the printhead shuttle when it's off?

jtiii

Turns out I don't have the right needle, my syringes have a blunt open tip and I think I'd damage the little interfaces there. I did some playing around and with color correction off the printer starts adding regular CM at 26%, so 25% gives you light CM only. The frustrating thing is it only lays down about 50%!