• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to get fonts downloaded from AI

binki

I have been using Corel since I started in 2008. Last year I purchased AI on a monthly subscription, which gives me AI and Creative Suite and some other stuff I don't use. The problem I am having is when I want a font from AI I can only activate it, I can't install it.

Is there any way to install the fonts? I mostly want to use them in Corel.

ikarasu

Google font name + *.otf, 99% of the time you can find it.

Add + GitHub to the end if all you get are paid links. - Such as helvetica neue *.otf github

Font activation has never worked on one of my illy pcs .. so when I'm editing something using an Adobe font and it won't download, that's usually what I do. Never had a font I couldn't find.

It's not really the most legal way to do it... But if you're only using fonts you have access to, you're not going to get in trouble.

[Edit] Seems a few people never knew this trick... So Github is a website that stores source code. And when people use the fonts on their application / web app... They include it in the source code. Technically they shouldn't be doing that... And legally you should still be paying for it. I've probably spent thousands on fonts, I only use this for ones I can no longer buy because theyre old, ones I cant find a pay link for... Or ones I already have, but they have a different naming scheme. For instance... Helvetica bold - We paid for it, but half the files we get are "Helvetica-bold" which doesnt work - we can manually change it, but its easier to find whatever basterdized font name someone else used, install it and never deal with it again.

Last edited:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Visit the Adobe Fonts web site:

When you get there, log in using your Adobe CC user name and password. Once you're logged in you can click options like "All Fonts," "Recommendations," "Font Packs" and "Foundries" to browse different type families to activate. Use the "Manage Fonts" option to deactivate fonts you're no longer using. Once you activate a type family or just individual font files they should be available to any application in your operating system, not just the Adobe applications. I use Adobe synced fonts within CorelDRAW all the time.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

When you get there, log in using your Adobe CC user name and password. Once you're logged in you can click options like "All Fonts," "Recommendations," "Font Packs" and "Foundries" to browse different type families to activate. Use the "Manage Fonts" option to deactivate fonts you're no longer using. Once you activate a type family or just individual font files they should be available to any application in your operating system, not just the Adobe applications. I use Adobe synced fonts within CorelDRAW all the time.
This does seem to work - works better on the up-to-date version of AI vs the CC 2017 I keep alive to use with CM3 for plotting.

binki

Ok, I will try that.