• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to remove ink from Roland ink cartridges that still contain ink?

thesignpost

If they are the plastic ones with the tab just cut the tab off. Of course then you run the risk of the ink running out completely but in my experience got about an extra 20 - 30 metres
Use scotch tape over the tab. Every time my machine signals me to change the cart, it usually has a lot of ink left. Slowly shake the cart, you can feel the ink roll back and forth. Thats what I do, with the cost of everything now, I'm gonna drain the cart as much as I can.

Clive Turner

We at Colormagic in the UK have done this for years, we buy back empty Ink cartridges then what's left in the Ink cartridge we take out and then refill cartridge and re-chip cartridge then we re-sell the full cartridge, then we have a lot of empty cartridges that we then refill with our high-quality compatible Ink and sell. We sell over 2000 Roland cartridges each month and properly 2500-3000 Mimaki cartridges, I must tell you that this is all done by proper filling machines so we get no air in the cartridges that can cause issues.