• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 2500cp Designjet parts needed. HELP!!!!!!!

raw191

I got this from a guy on here, and a part is bad. I need the "electronic ribbon" that is on the carriage that the ink cartridges "snap" up against. It's got all the braile "bumps" on it that align with the divots on the back of the printheads. It then goes back and has three screws that hold it to the internal carriage circuit board. It's like new, I just can't find this part. Does anybody have one laying around for parts that would sell me just this part? Or know of any printer "scrapyards"? ANy help would be verrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy appreciated. Thanks.

Ross

raw191

I wish it were that easy. It's such an oddball part, it's going to take someone that's already got one that's parting it out, or me just buying one for parts. I've found an entire carriage for $1800, but since i only paid $800 for the machine, it doesn't make much sense.

oc63rag

I checked with a friend of mine who's an HP dealer and he confirmed that HP does not support the CP series line with any parts at all. As you've already mentioned, your best bet may be to find a used one and keep it for parts. I recently saw one on Craigslist for $250 that "needed a fuse".