• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 315L Print & Cut Plotter Issue Enter AT Failed

Salagra

Hello,
Our 54 inch HP plotter from the HP print & cut solution (made by Summa) is coming up with this error on startup. We can cycle through a few other errors as well and we finally get to the ready mode, but it does nothing. We tried to configure the IP address and that fails as well. If looking at the ethernet port on the back, the light is lit to yellow regardless of whether or not a Cat 5 cable is plugged in or not. I am guessing that it is the main board that needs to be replaced, but I wanted to check with others first to see if we are possibly missing something else. I have found a replacement board out there, but I want to check for other possible solutions before spending $1100.00 on a board that might or might not be the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

Salagra

Hello,
We tried from the plotter window, but it seems to just factory reset to default settings and does not appear to be doing a full factory reset unless we are doing it incorrectly

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What other errors do you get?

You could try "default LAN" in service menu. It should reset the LAN parameters.

Salagra

We get all of the following when pressing the left button after each failure error (hamburger button) ENTER AT Failed, Enter AT + E Failed, Enter + VER failed, Enter AT + Mid Failed, AT + SockA1 Failed, AT + VART1 Failed and then AT + Z Failed. Then it looks normal and asks to insert media, sizes it and shows ready, but it never receives anything sent to it.

Tommy Viv

Did you factory reset it?
I don't know, there's not much more to the machine than the board.

Hey! I was wondering if you could share with us a way to factory reset this machine, or access the service menu please...

is the only way to access any "hidden" menus on this machine by powering on while holding the barcode button? I cant seem to get any information more than what seems to be an identification number that pops up when doing this...

any help is greatly appreciated! I would love to learn more about the service of this HP Cutter because so far I have had to self diagnose and use process of elimination to understand how it works and how to fix mine.

Tommy Viv

We get all of the following when pressing the left button after each failure error (hamburger button) ENTER AT Failed, Enter AT + E Failed, Enter + VER failed, Enter AT + Mid Failed, AT + SockA1 Failed, AT + VART1 Failed and then AT + Z Failed. Then it looks normal and asks to insert media, sizes it and shows ready, but it never receives anything sent to it.

You wouldn't believe this...but i literally have the SAME EXACT issue as you, with the exception of my ethernet light NOT being on... I tore it apart to diagnose the problem and found a poorly soldered resistor on the main board, seemed to have fixed my 'no start no screen' issue... until today.

Now i have the same exact codes as you do. I have found NO HELP from contacting HP, or my sales rep from the company i purchased my machines from.

NO trouble codes found online, I feel as though i have searched high and low and was THE ONLY person with this issue.

I am desperately in need of assistance. I WILL be disassembling my machine tomorrow morning, the ONLY thing I did NOT check the first time i was in there was my PCB board.

I will be posting a thread of my problems, solutions, as well as further problems (with pictures) and a step by step guide of how i figured this all out shortly in hopes that I can be of help, because lemme tell ya...you aint gon find any one from HP to even consider answering your call...

I am in the search of a backup machine at the moment. NON HP PRODUCTS... was looking at the Titan V3...

Following this thread, and will be in contact with you if I resolve prior to any other responses here. Here to help as much as i possibly can. I hope we get through this together.